Monday, May 2, 2011

Satellite shot of the region shows snow and lake ice.



I was so inspired by this satellite shot that I had to post it. Today was sunny this morning so there was a good clear shot of the Lake Superior Region. Yes that is ice on the Boundary Waters lakes of Minnesota. Part of Thunder Bay in Ont. still has ice as does Black Bay Ont. On the top of the Bayfield Peninsula that is snow and the Porcupine Mountains still have a spot of snow near the Lake of the Clouds. And over in the Huron Mts. there is snow as well. And the top of Mt. Brockway has snow at the top of that spine of the Keweenaw of the U.P. In the Penokee Mts near Mellon Wi. looks like snow also. Now I want to jump in the car and start touring the entire region. So much to do and see. Put everything on Craigslist and Ebay and just live in my car with my camera. How long would it take before it got old? I'm guessing alot longer then you would think.

2 comments:

Carla from The River said...

I love the photo! I am with you, we have thought of selling it all and purchasing a small driving camper...and seeing it all!

Bayfieldwis.com said...

To be honest I have sold a great deal of stuff on Ebay and do spend the money on trips. We seldom recall our stuff as glowing as we do a good experence or trip.

When old I plan on staring at hundreds if not thousands of pictures.